Gold coins of this type with the dual denomination was produced from 1834 through 1841 to the two mints - Warsaw and St. Petersburg (different letters - "СПБ"or "MW". In 1841 was produced only in St. PETERSBURG. Used in the monetary circulation of the Kingdom of Poland before the introduction on the territory of the Russian coins of local issue.The obverse of the coin
depicts the State Emblem of the Russian Empire
in 1830. The coat of arms double-headed eagle crowned with two Imperial crowns, above is the same crown but larger. Right Talon the eagle holds a scepter, the left - power. Placed on the breast the Moscow coat of arms: St. George on horseback slaying a serpentine dragon with wings. Moscow
coat of arms surrounded by chain of the order of Saint Apostle Andrey Pervozvannogo. Lifted up on the wings of an eagle located the coats of arms of the six kingdoms (three on each wing). On the left the arms of the kingdoms: Kazan, Astrakhan and Siberian. On the right the arms of the kingdoms of Poland, Tauric Chersonesos and the Grand Duchy of Finland. To the left of the tail - the letter "П" the right - letter "Д"(initials of mintmaster Paul Daniel).The reverse of the coin
, nominal value - "3 РУБЛЯ. 20 ZLOTYCH."(near the number "3" two flower rosettes), below the date "1838." and the letters "С.П.Б."(Saint-Petersburg). At the top in a semicircle the inscription: "ЧИСТАГО ЗОЛОТА 81 ДОЛЯ."
The circumference of the front and back sides, with a rim of inward-facing teeth.